Dry Ice Blasting in Toronto & GTA
Dry ice blasting or “cryo-blasting” is an important component of the ‘large-scale” remediation process.
When mold covers a large area, it is potentially more cost-effective to clean the contaminated surface with dry-ice media. Blasting can remove growth from difficult areas in a very short time. What would regularly take weeks, can sometimes be finished in a few hours!
Due to the extensive creation of particulates, an experienced remediator is required for a strong THOUGHTFUL containment to ensure nothing migrates to unaffected areas.
Benefits of dry ice blasting
Dry ice blasting offers unique benefits over traditional mold remediation techniques. This form of mold removal is ideal for certain projects and sites where time and cost are relevant issues. Some of the benefits of dry ice blasting are:
- No mess: Dry ice is simply frozen carbon dioxide pellets, which evaporate into the air after application. Unlike other techniques that leave behind secondary waste, dry ice eliminates this added mess and disposal costs while providing an effective cleaning solution.
- Fast: Dry ice blasting can be done by fewer technicians in less time than other methods of remediation. From a central location, a technician can easily reach a greater distance than a team of men on a scaffold or by moving inch by inch. Dry ice blasting can reduce remediation time by 50% or more.
- A Dry Process: As the name suggests, there are no ‘wet’ elements to this process that may reintroduce moisture back into your home environment. Dry ice is also non-conductive and is safe to use near electrical applications, making it ideal for tight spaces where removing wiring is difficult or inadvisable.
- Non-abrasive and non-flammable: For delicate surfaces, one of the benefits of dry ice blasting is that it is non-abrasive, and won’t damage sensitive parts or equipment.
- Environmentally Friendly: An added benefit of dry ice blasting is that it’s a more environmentally friendly technique. The carbon dioxide that’s created when the dry ice sublimates into the atmosphere is absorbed by plants and trees where it is converted into carbon and oxygen. Additionally, dry ice blasting does not create hazardous waste. It also does not contribute to greenhouse gas emissions, and with a safe and professional application, there are no risks of any kind.
- Learn More About Dry Ice Blasting In Toronto
When to Choose Dry Ice Blasting
As with all mold remediation techniques, dry ice blasting is ideal for certain places and conditions and may not suit all homes or businesses. Dry ice blasting is particularly well suited for large spaces where the use of other techniques would result in greater costs. Because the process can be performed in less time and by fewer technicians, dry ice blasting is a great option for spaces that are very large, small, or with limited access points. Along with attics, dry ice blasting is particularly good for crawlspaces, tight spots, and delicate areas with wiring or other small points.
At MoldTech, we’ll help you choose the remediation technique that is right for you and your space. Each home or business requires an individualized approach that suits your needs, budget, and that will adequately treat the severity of the mold infestation. Dry ice blasting suits residential and commercial applications and can be done safely in historic homes and buildings without causing damage. It can also be used in remediation after a fire, or even to help remove graffiti, repair cars, and to clean large industrial equipment.
To speak with a technician about dry ice blasting and if it’s right for your home or business, get in touch with us at 1-866-684-7684