Complete Visual Mold Testing and Inspections
Don't wait for mold to make you sick. Identify infestations fast with mold testing services you can trust and the certified MoldTech team.
The Negative Effects of Mold Indoors
Many folks think that mold growth is merely unsightly and smelly — but that’s not where the effects end. Mold is an active living organism whose role in the natural world is to break down organic materials. Your home and body are both organic materials, and some of the ways mold affects them include:
- Physical illnesses ranging from mild to severe
- A worsening of chronic conditions like asthma
- Damage to the supporting structures of your home
- Disruption to the indoor environment, making your living spaces uncomfortable
- The destruction of irreplaceable items like photographs and heirlooms
Signs of Mold on Your Property
While mold frequently grows out of sight behind walls or underneath furniture or appliances, there will still be warning signs that you need a mold inspection in Toronto. At MoldTech, we tell homeowners to watch out for the following:
- Physical symptoms, like coughing, sneezing, itchy eyes or nose, and headaches
- Physical symptoms that disappear when you leave home and return when you do
- A musty odour
- Condensation on walls or around windows and doors
- Signs of water damage
- A water leak or flood
- Soft floorboards, walls, or ceilings
What to Expect from Mold Testing & Inspections
A visual inspection is very important in recognizing a potential mold contamination problem. Our certified mold inspectors will visually evaluate the degree of any water damage and mold growth while adhering to standard practices and protocols of Health Canada. The inspectors will investigate using the latest state-of-the-art equipment to pinpoint any hidden health risks.
The complete visual mold inspection service includes:
- The use of fiber optics, thermal infrared charting, psychrometry, air manometrics, and non-invasive radio frequency gauges to locate hidden moisture sources and potential mold growth.
- An examination of the building exterior in search of moisture intrusions.
- The investigation of walls, ceilings, floors, basement, attic and crawlspaces.
- Recommendations that will instantly increase your indoor air quality.
- The investigation of all ventilation, heating and air conditioning systems.
- A comprehensive report that clearly details all our findings and initiates the next step to a healthy environment.
A certified inspector, trained in appropriate sampling methodology, will carry out all necessary bulk or surface sampling. Bulk/Surface sampling is essential if the building residents are suffering from health problems, which are or may be connected with fungal exposure. Bulk/Surface sampling is also crucial to identify the presence or absence of mold if a visual inspection is unclear (e.g. discoloration and staining).
Bulk samples are collected from visibly moldy surfaces by scrapings or cuttings. Surface samples are collected by wiping a select area with a sterile swab or by stripping the surface with clear tape. The dish is then nurtured in a special incubator that is high in humidity and void of all ambient light at a temperature suitable for fungal development.
The most precise mold identification is only achievable after seven days of live culturing for the mold cultures to reach their highest identification growth. After seven days of incubation, the fungal samples are taken and identified down to genus and to species.
MoldTech uses two methods for testing air quality:
- An Anderson Style Bioaerosol Sampler for its air sampling. This sampler collects viable spores on potato dextrose agar petri dishes placed in the apparatus at a rate of 28.3 cubic liters of air per minute.
- An air-o-cell cassette that traps both viable (living) and non-viable (dead) mold spores.
MoldTech uses air monitoring to evaluate the degree of contamination within the home for advaned mold testing in Toronto. Air monitoring is essential if mold growth is suspected in a specific area of the home or building, but cannot be pinpointed visually. Air monitoring may be necessary if the building inhabitants are suffering from health issues, which are or may be linked with fungal exposure. Air monitoring is also used for comparative purposes. An outdoor control air test is taken to determine whether mold is being amplified internally. Air monitoring is also crucial if the building inhabitants are suffering from health issues, which are or may be linked with fungal exposure. Air monitoring is also used for comparative purposes. The outdoor control air test is very helpful in assessing whether there is an internally produced mold problem.
Why Choose MoldTech for Mold Testing
At MoldTech, we have over a decade of experience helping families identify indoor mold growth and safely and permanently eradicate it. Mold growth indoors is a pervasive problem across Toronto and the GTA, affecting both brand-new and old buildings. MoldTech has offered mold testing in Toronto from the beginning because this valuable service helps families get ahead of indoor mold problems and keep their homes and indoor air quality safe and healthy. Mold testing can help you tweak and optimize your living environment so that you’re both physically comfortable and safer in your day to day. It also enables you to extend the life and safety of your home, appliances, and investments like renovations and improvements.
The most important part of mold testing and removal is safety. MoldTech works under the strictest modern safety standards, employing PPE, containment strategies, and industrial-quality air filtration to eliminate the worry of cross-contamination.
To learn more about how MoldTech safely removes mold using the most up-to-date technology and equipment, browse through our website or contact our team directly to learn more about our products and service