Why Keep Your Attic Insulation Mold-Free
Attic mold is affecting homes in Mississauga at an alarming rate. At MoldTech, our clients come to us for attic mold inspections in Mississauga after experiencing poor air circulation, high heating bills, and musty odours, often for months. These common symptoms can be subtle and difficult to notice in the rush of everyday life, but the effects can cause cumulative strain and discomfort. Attic mold removal is a safe and efficient service that eliminates mold growth, identifies the cause or areas of concern, and can help you get your home environment back on track.
How to Manage Causes of Attic Mold
When was the last time you were in your attic? If you’re like most homeowners, it was probably months or years ago — attics in Ontario aren’t made for regular visits, with small hatches, difficult entry points (like the closet), and dark, stuffy environments. This means that many of the causes of attic mold go unnoticed and unseen until an infestation starts to show symptoms in the rooms below.
Two of the most common causes of attic mold growth are ventilation issues and moisture.
- Ventilation: Contrary to what you might think, attics need regular ventilation to work correctly. This is because heat rises, and warm air can hold more moisture than cold air. If your attic has good airflow through soffits, roof vents or gable vents, the air is constantly exchanged and refreshed, keeping your attic dry and mold-free.
- Moisture: Other than warm air, moisture can enter the attic in many ways. Roof damage from age, storms, or pests is often visible from the exterior, which makes it easier to notice. Inside the attic, condensation can form on joists or sheathing when the humidity or temperatures are too high.
Signs of Attic Mold
What are the common signs that you need attic mold removal? The MoldTech team has helped thousands of families learn the warning signs and signals that there’s a hidden mold colony in their homes — helping them prevent costly remediation and nip problems in the bud. Here are 8 of the most common signs.
- Discolouration/staining on walls or ceilings.
- A musty odour.
- Spongy floorboards or walls.
- Poor air circulation.
- High heating and cooling bills.
- Pests in the attic.
- Visible mold growth.
- High indoor humidity.
How to Eliminate Mold in Attics
If these problems sound familiar, don’t panic! MoldTech can help you safely and effectively eliminate attic mold through our science-based attic mold removal services. For over a decade, we’ve been helping families across Mississauga and the GTA with mold testing, removal, and prevention in their attics, basements, and homes. We use safe, biologically based mold removal solutions that are non-toxic for humans and pets that can be accurately applied.
When it comes to attic mold, get rid of the guesswork — let the MoldTech team help you with discreet attic mold inspections in Mississauga. We’ll inspect your attic’s interior and exterior to ensure there are no hidden colonies and everything functions as it should. To learn more or book your services, contact us today.