Mold Inspection & Testing in Toronto & GTA
In our opinion, nothing beats a scrutinizing and thorough visual mold inspection or test in Toronto when it comes to searching for mold growth. Some mold inspection and testing in Toronto firms won't manipulate contents and furniture to access hard to reach places. At MoldTech, we like to ensure that the entire site has been inspected for any visible mould, and we don't mind getting into hard to reach places or moving some light furniture.
We only send trained and certified mold inspectors to your home or office who have had a minimum 5 years of mold inspection and testing in Toronto experience. Our certified mold inspectors, who are all IICRC certified Water Restoration Technicians with certification in Advanced Structural Drying as well, can evaluate any water damage and mould growth while adhering to standard practices and protocols of Health Canada.
We use state of the art mold detection equipment; it certainly serves a purpose and compliments the inquisitive nature of our certified mold inspectors. High end mold inspection instrumentation means nothing, if there is no thought behind the techniques implemented during an on-site mold inspection and testing in Toronto.
Our complete visual service for mold inspection and testing in Toronto includes:
- The use of fibre optic wall cavity cameras
- Thermal infrared cameras
- Psychrometry: understanding how water moves and behaves during a water event is pivotal for remediation implementation
- Non-invasive radio frequency gauges to locate hidden moisture sources and potential mold growth
- An examination of the building exterior in search of moisture intrusions
- The investigation of walls, ceilings, floors, basement, attic and crawlspaces
- Recommendations that will instantly increase your indoor air quality*
- The investigation of all ventilation, heating and air conditioning systems
- A comprehensive report that clearly details all our findings and initiates the next step to a healthy environment
- Air Sampling for mold
We pride ourselves on our recommendations. We have a vast knowledge that you can continually tap into well after the site visit and mold inspection is over. Whether it be remodelling your home and basement, waterproofing or grading around the home, or re-roofing, we have all the answers. We are in the business of witnessing the wrong way to do things; let us help you do it right as part of our mold inspection and testing in Toronto service.
Mold Tech uses an Anderson Style Bioaerosol Sampler when sampling your air for mold. This sampler can either collect viable spores and impact them onto a petri dish or use an air-o-cell cassette that traps both viable (living) and non-viable (dead) mold spores.
The information gathered from this device concerning mold in your home or office's air is invaluable for determining the severity of a mould problem. It can help identify a potentially hidden problem, or it can help us determine whether demolition activities have aerosolized mold spores during your renovation.
Mold air sampling may be necessary if the building inhabitants are suffering from health issues, which are or may be linked with mold exposure. Mold sampling is also used for comparative purposes. An outdoor control air test is taken to determine whether mold is being amplified within a home, office, or industrial building.
If required, we also offer bulk analysis of mold covered materials. We can have a sample assessed to determine the type and extent of mould growth on any material. This is helpful when determining the scope of contents remediation or during a water loss going through your insurance.
Can we find the source?
This is probably the single most important question we get asked. What good is an assessment, if we can't tell you how to fix it and prevent it? How can you prevent it, if you don't know what has caused it?
Our success rate when it comes to determining a source of mold growth is unparalleled. Using high-tech instrumentation and our large knowledge base, we'll find the issue for you. We have our engineer on-call for emergencies to ensure we cover all of our bases. We offer this additional service for you at no charge.
How Much Does it Cost to Get a Mold Inspection?
Home improvements can get expensive - but when it comes to certified mold inspections and remediation, any cost is worth the improvement to the safety of your home and to your health and wellness. If you’re interested in mold testing in Ontario, MoldTech offers free quotes and consultations to help you make the right decision for your home. Our prices are some of the most competitive in the industry, and we make them depending on your needs (not a flat fee).
Do they Check for Mold in a Home Inspection?
If you’re looking to move into or to buy your first home, you might be wondering if mold detection is part of your home inspection plan. Knowing what’s going on in a potential new home is an important part of making a decision, and you certainly want to know if there are mold problems present before you invest in your dream home. However, a mold inspection is not usually part of a standard home inspection.
A home inspector worth their salt should include on their report any visible mold growth or dampness they spot during their inspection, but that’s where the analysis stops. Many homeowners aren’t aware that they’re able to have other contractors examine the property during their pre-purchase home inspection, so it’s an excellent opportunity to bring in professional mold inspectors to take a few samples and offer their opinions. At MoldTech, we’ve assisted a number of home buyers in just this way - helping people to renegotiate purchase prices or walk away from a deal when mold has been found on the property. While it’s a little more work upfront, ensuring your dream home is a healthy place for you and your family is worth the investment and the peace of mind.
How do You Know if there’s Mold in Your House?
When is it time to have a mold remediation? Mold can be difficult to identify by sight and smell alone - just like the symptoms it causes, mold can mimic many common household problems and difficulties. MoldTech can help you locate mold growth in your home or business in a number of different ways.
In our minds, nothing beats a thorough visual inspection both inside and outside of your home. This gives us the lay of the land and a great sense of where problems might be and what their causes are. Using sophisticated tools and techniques like thermal infrared cameras, psychometry, and non-invasive radio frequency gages, we can then take samples and look into hard to reach places to find out more information on the strains of mold that may be present. Indoor air quality testing is also beneficial, since all these tests give us detailed information to work with when it comes to making informed decisions about your home.
But what if you’re not sure there’s even a mold problem to test for in the first place? There are a couple of common signs and household problems that put your home in danger of mold growth, so paying attention to the following may help you know when to call for professional mold help.
The Common Signs of Mold Growth
Visible Mold Growth
This may be obvious, but it’s worth a closer look. Mold can grow in a number of different colours, textures, and places around your home. It can grow in a patch or a few isolated spots, but either way, as soon as you see mold growth, it’s best to have it removed as soon as possible.
The key ingredient to indoor mold growth is water, and whether it arrives in your home from a spill, flood, leak, or other water event, water damage is the leading cause of indoor mold outbreaks.
Related to liquid water is airborne water - or humidity. Humidity can settle in certain rooms or floors as well as help to transport water throughout the home. When warm humid air meets a cold surface, like an exterior wall, it can form condensation - all of which can lead to mold growth.
Mold has a very particular odour. Once you know what it smells like, it is easy to identify. The smell is often described as musty or damp, and what you’re actually smelling is the reproductive arm of a mold colony, its spores. These are released into the air where they float around and can germinate new colonies elsewhere. This tell tale odour may be the only clue there’s mold around.
Your Allergies Won’t Go Away
If you suffer from seasonal allergies, then you’re well aware of how disruptive the constant sneezing, sniffling, and itchy eyes can be. But many folks aren’t aware that mold causes similar symptoms. If your allergies seem to be at their worst when you’re indoors or seem to linger long after the pollen is finished, you may want to consider trying mold removal services instead of a new brand of antihistamine.
If you have a chronic respiratory complaint or an issue like asthma or COPD, mold growth in your home may be worsening your symptoms or frequency of attacks. Even the healthiest of lungs struggle with mold spores, leading to persistent coughs, mucus build-up, and difficulty breathing.
If you recognize any of these problems in your home, it’s time to book your city of Toronto mold inspection! The most serious sign of mold problems indoors is ongoing health issues. If you or your family is suffering from headaches, sneezing, itchy eyes, fatigue, or can’t seem to get rid of the cold or flu, the problem may not be viral. The health effects of mold growth can have serious long term consequences for your health and need to be dealt with quickly to reduce your suffering and the damage it can cause to your home.
Can I Remove Mold Myself?
We do not recommend DIY mold removal for three important reasons.
- Mold removal is dangerous work: Mold is part of the fungus family and can vigorously and easily spread via airborne spores. These spores are tiny and will cling to hair, clothes, and skin, as well as getting lodged in airways and soft tissues. They attach to tools and boots and can quickly travel throughout your home no matter how safe you are. One of the reasons we’re the best mold removal company in the GTA is that safety is our first priority - we thoroughly contain all work spaces and ensure that nobody is exposed to mold infested materials before, during or after our work.
- Over the counter chemical treatments are largely ineffective: MoldTech pioneered the use of an industrial strength biological cleaning agent that removes 99% of mold spores and roots. This kind of product isn’t available at the consumer level, and bleaches, disinfectants, and other chemicals you can find at the hardware store do little to kill or stop the progression of mold growth. In fact, they sometimes even make it worse. Working with a professional mold remediation company ensures that you get a product that is tried and tested - both by experience and by scientists committed to remediation research.
- You’re likely to miss some: Mold is a tricky adversary that is often hidden in hard to reach places, like underneath carpet, wallpaper, or behind drywall. Even the smallest patch of mold is enough to restart a colony, and after many careful hours of cleaning you may still have exactly the same problem a few months later. How do we know this? The MoldTech team is often called in to properties where mold was cleaned up by a homeowner or property manager only to reappear or get worse. Working with a professional right from the start means that you only have to deal with mold once.
Get a Head Start on Mold Removal
MoldTech has been one of the GTA’s leading mold removal and remediation companies for the last decade - when we started, mold removal was such a small industry that it wasn’t even listed in the phone book!
At MoldTech, we pride ourselves on being friendly, knowledgeable, and happy to answer your questions about the mold removal and remediation process. Whether it’s attic mold removal or a basement flood, the MoldTech team has the experience and knowledge to safely and thoroughly remove any mold issue you may have. We’re active members of organizations such as the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration. This gives us access to the latest scientific knowledge and resources about mold and remediation and certifies our work to third-party specifications. These memberships are more than just a logo - they’re an indication of our commitment to professional standards and guidelines.
Call us today for more information on the kind of products and services we offer. No building or project is too big or small for us to handle, so check out our contents remediation services, mold remediation, or mold inspection and testing pages to learn more about how we can help you.
To learn more about our mold inspection and testing in Toronto services, contact us.
- Learn more about mold inspection in Toronto
- Learn about removing mold in your basement
- Learn more about mold inspection in Mississauga
- Learn more about mold testing in Toronto & the GTA
- Learn more about attic mold removal in Toronto
- Learn more about basement mold removal in Toronto
- Learn more about mold air testing in Newmarket
- Learn more about mold testing in Mississauga
- Learn why have your basement mold removed in Toronto