Proper PPE For Mold Removal In Mississauga
Safety is the top priority for the MoldTech team during a mold removal in Mississauga. Attic mold removal can stir up toxic spores and create unsafe and dangerous environments without the proper protective equipment. Safety during mold removal is two-fold: first and foremost, we want to protect the living beings in your home — our team, people, and pets too! Secondly, our protective equipment helps us eliminate the risk of cross-contamination, which often happens during DIY mold remediation.
Why Use Personal Protective Equipment for Mold Removal
At MoldTech, we approach safety from two angles: personal (human) safety and environmental safety. Personal protective equipment is a crucial element during mold remediation because of mold exposure's harmful and sometimes toxic effects.
Mold reproduces using spores, light and airy particles that are easily disturbed by motion or touch. Once airborne, these spores can be easily inhaled entering the respiratory system, causing irritation and allergic reactions. Mold spores can also affect the eyes, nose, skin, and hair and may cause itching and rashes.
Airborne spores are also very easy to track around the home, where they can start new mold infestations. Without PPE, mold infestations can quickly spread and grow.
Personal Safety During Mold Removal
During regular mold remediation in Mississauga, you can expect MoldTech technicians to be using personal protective equipment such as:
- Disposable gloves: Reusing equipment is one of the easiest ways to spread contaminants — that’s why doctors change their surgical gloves after each patient and why we change ours frequently too.
- Disposable hair nets: Airborne mold can easily be caught in your hair and tracked to other rooms of your home — or ours! Keeping our heads covered helps to eliminate this problem.
- Disposable shoe covers: Our feet can track dirt, pathogens, and mold spores from room to room.
- Safety goggles: Any contractor should protect their eyes.Mold remediation may involve demolition and debris, which is why eye protection is vital.
- Tyvek suits: Especially when working in tight, close situations, such as an attic mold removal, the MoldTech team will don head to toe in Tyvek suits. This suit provides a complete seal and barrier against dangers in our working environment.
- Respirator: Wearing a respirator is also important, as it protects us from airborne mold spores and other allergens or particles that remediation stirs up.
How MoldTech Protects You
This PPE doesn’t just protect us — it also ensures that we don’t track spores or dust through your home while removing contaminated materials or coming in and out. In addition to our PPE, we also run industrial air filtration and use plastic barriers and negative pressure to create a contained workspace. Once we’ve completed your mold removal in Mississauga, we clean up the mess — ideally, you won’t even know we’ve been there.
Curious about mold testing or inspection in Mississauga or need advice about attic mold?
Get in touch with the MoldTech team to request a free visual mold inspection in Mississauga!